Long Ashton Park & Ride, BS3 2HB
- 1500 parking spaces
- Free parking and no need to display a ticket
- Open from 5.30am Monday to Saturday, closed Sundays and public holidays
- Closed and locked overnight at 22.45pm Monday to Saturday
- Overnight parking is not permitted
- If your vehicle is locked in, please call 0117 903 1550. Bristol City Council retains the right to charge for the call out service and the vehicle release fee is £25.
The m2 uses the metrobus busway to travel from Long Ashton Park & Ride to Cumberland Basin. The busway is a traffic-free route which allows services to bypass the often congested A370 and Brunel Way.
The busway, along with our buy-before-you-board service, will speed up journeys for passengers traveling to and from the Long Ashton Park & Ride.
A traffic-free walking and cycle path runs alongside the busway. The path connects with Bristol’s Harbourside, Festival Way and the 4.5km walking and cycling path along the South Bristol Link.
ashton avenue swing bridge
The m2 travels over the grade 2 listed Ashton Avenue Swing bridge which was recently restored by metrobus. The former double-deck road and rail bridge was constructed as part of the Bristol Harbour Railway in 1905.
The bridge opened ten times a day until 1936 and became a fixed structure in 1951.
Before the metrobus restoration, the Grade 2 listed bridge was in a very bad condition with clear signs of structural instability.
Metrobus’ refurbishment has completely transformed the bridge and preserved an important part of Bristol’s walking and cycling infrastructure for future generations.
The bridge now has a 3.5 metre pedestrian and cycle track that is wider, smoother and safer than the previous path.